Squash caviar with carrots is one of the most common types of blanks for the winter. It is stored for a long time and serves as an excellent addition to the main dish. For the preparation of dishes required zucchini and carrots. Depending on the recipe, you can get billet with the addition of mushrooms, apples or tomatoes.
The benefits of squash caviar
Fresh vegetables used to make caviar contain vitamins and trace elements (phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulfur, etc.). Under the influence of high temperatures, many useful components are destroyed.
100 g of the product from zucchini and carrots contain about 90 kcal. It contains proteins (1 g), fats (7 g) and carbohydrates (7 g), so it is quite nourishing. Due to the low calorie content, it can be included in the menu, even with a diet.Important! The presence of potassium in the calf helps to normalize the work of the intestine.
With caution should be used caviar with a tendency to stone formation in the kidneys and bladder. If you have a stomach ulcer or gastritis, then for cooking you should choose recipes where tomatoes are not provided.
Principles of cooking
To obtain squash caviar, you must observe the following principles:
- Cooking caviar should be in tanks of steel or cast iron with thick walls. So, with prolonged heat treatment components do not burn. Such dishes provide uniform heating, which has a positive effect on the taste of caviar.
- Young squash, in which there is no thick crust, are selected, and the seeds have not yet formed. If mature specimens are used, the peel is necessarily removed and the inner contents removed.
- Carrots give the dish an orange hue and sweet aftertaste. For cooking, choose small roots with bright color.
- Onion, garlic, pepper, tomato will help to improve the taste of caviar. As a seasoning, you can use any spices, be sure to add salt and sugar.
- For canning caviar is supplemented with vinegar or lemon juice.
- To make blanks for the winter, clean, sterilized containers are required, which are screwed with caps.
The process of cooking caviar consists of chopping vegetables, their subsequent roasting or stewing. This can be done in a frying pan or by placing the mixture in a slow cooker. Garlic, onions, tomatoes and other vegetables may be required for cooking.
To prepare this type of zucchini caviar requires 3 kg of zucchini and 1 kg of carrots and onions.
The cooking process includes the following steps:
- All of these components are finely chopped, and then fried separately in a pan.
- After roasting vegetables need to grind in a combine, mix and add a little salt.
- The resulting mass is placed in a pan having a double bottom.
- After 20 minutes, add 1 tbsp. l vinegar and 2 tbsp. l tomato paste.
- Simmer the dish on low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The finished caviar is rolled into banks and covered with a warm blanket.
Caviar with tomatoes and carrots
Squash caviar with carrots, complemented by tomatoes, perfect for canning for the winter.
Prepare the dish as follows:
- 0.8 kg of onion finely chopped. A similar amount of carrot tinder on a coarse grater.
- The resulting mass is spread on a hot frying pan, pre-add salt and oil.
- 1.5 kg of zucchini and 1.2 kg of tomatoes should be coarsely chopped, and then minced with fried carrots and onions.
- All components are mixed with salt, sugar and black pepper.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a container and stewed over low heat for 2 hours. Caviar is constantly stirred.
- In the process of cooking you can add pepper and chopped parsley to the dish.
Homemade preparations with the addition of garlic will help protect against winter colds.
This dish is prepared in the following order:
- Squashes with a total weight of 3 kg are cut into cubes. 1 kg of white onion is cut into four pieces, then chopped into thin strips. 1 kg of carrots must be rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Sunflower oil (60 g) is poured into a deep frying pan, then zucchini is placed. When the pieces are soft, they are placed in a colander.
- On the remaining oil, first fry the onion, and then go to the carrot. The resulting components are added to the zucchini.
- The total mass of vegetables is scrolled through a meat grinder, after which it is placed in a cauldron.
- The dish needs to be brought to a boil, a loan to simmer for half an hour over low heat. Periodically, the eggs are mixed.
- At the stage of readiness, you can add tomato paste (120 g), sugar (50 g). 8 cloves of garlic need to push through the press, then put in the total mass.
- All components are left on low heat for 10 minutes, after which the eggs can be packaged in cans.
Caviar with carrots and mushrooms
According to the following recipe of squash caviar with carrots, making blanks with mushrooms:
- One large carrot and a kilogram of zucchini need to be grated, 2 sweet peppers can be cut into strips. Three onions are cut with thin rings. 0.4 kg of oyster mushrooms or champignons can be cut into cubes.
- Five small tomatoes immersed in boiling water for a few minutes. Then cool the vegetables in cold water, peel and chop in a blender. The pulp of tomatoes can be grated.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep frying pan, after which the container is heated. First, stew mushrooms in a pan over moderate heat until the liquid is completely evaporated. Then the mushrooms are carefully fried. Once cooked, the mushrooms are placed in a separate bowl.
- Fry the onion in the pan for 5 minutes, then add the carrots and stew over low heat.
- After 5 minutes, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes are added to the vegetable mixture. The dish is cooked for 20 minutes if young zucchini is used. If the vegetables are ripe, the process will take about an hour.
- In the middle of the process of extinguishing add mushrooms. A few minutes before cooking, you can use chopped dill.
- Improve the taste of caviar will help hot pepper (a quarter of a teaspoon), garlic, lemon juice.
Spicy food lovers can cook caviar using the following technology:
- One bitter pepper is cleaned from the seeds, then cut into thin strips. On a coarse grater, rub two small carrots. Squashes in the amount of 0.5 kg and one onion cut into thin rings. Three slices of garlic are minced with a knife.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a high frying pan, then pour the oil and some water. Caviar should be simmered on low heat until the ingredients are soft.
- Vegetable mass is ground in a blender until a mushy consistency is formed.
- The mixture is spread on a frying pan and stewed until a dense mass is formed.
Preparations for the winter with an unusual taste can be obtained from zucchini, carrots, apples and pepper. The dish is prepared in a specific sequence:
- To prepare caviar, 3 large apples are taken, which are removed from the rind and seed pods. 3 kg zucchini sliced with apples.
- 3 kg of tomatoes immersed in boiling water, then peel them off.
- 2 kg of carrots need to be grated, 1 kg of onion is cut into rings, like 5 kg of sweet pepper.
- All sliced components are cut and placed in a meat grinder, and then - in a saucepan for stewing over low heat.
- After 3 hours, the caviar is ready to eat or roll in jars. Add salt and sugar to taste.
Fragrant caviar can be obtained by following a specific procedure:
- 0.2 kg of carrot rubbed on a grater, 0.2 kg of white onion cut into rings. Add vegetable oil to vegetable mix and stew on small fire.
- 0.3 kg zucchini rubbed on a coarse grater and added to the mixture.
- After 20 minutes, paprika, ginger, bay leaf, finely chopped garlic, salt and sugar can be added to the dish. Add some water to the dish and stew for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Caviar in a multivariate
In the presence of a multicooker, the caviar cooking process is greatly simplified:
- 2 carrots and 2 onions, finely chopped, and then placed in a slow cooker.
- In the tank you need to add a little oil and for 20 minutes to put the mode "Baking". Periodically, the mass is stirred.
- 0.5 squash and one Bulgarian pepper cut into cubes and placed in a slow cooker for 20 minutes with the inclusion of the same mode.
- Add salt to vegetables, sugar, 2 tbsp. l tomato paste, then transfer the slow cooker to the extinguishing mode. In this state, the dish is prepared for 50 minutes.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a blender and milled.
- Vinegar is added to the jars to roll into the caviar.
Squash caviar is a popular variant of blanks for the winter. Zucchini goes well with other vegetables, which include carrots, tomatoes, apples. For more savory dishes in the cooking process, you can add mushrooms, spices and herbs.
After processing, zucchini keeps trace elements in its composition. Adding caviar is allowed even in the diet. If there are problems with the digestive system, the dish should be used with caution. Preparing a dish in a special dish with thick walls or in a slow cooker.