Who does not like to eat homemade, fresh and fragrant cucumbers? But in order to grow them that way, it is important to know the basic rules of care. Timely feeding of cucumbers improves the immunity of plants, so that they resist diseases. It is worth noting that cucumbers do not like temperature drops and cold. Grow well in a humid climate. To increase the yield, organic matter and mineral fertilizers should be applied to the soil.
In this article we will talk about azofoska - fertilizer used for cucumbers. So, you will learn about how to determine the lack of trace elements in the soil in which cucumbers grow, why many summer residents choose an amalgafer as a feed and how to use it in gardening.
Means for feeding cucumbers
To protect cucumbers from diseases, many gardeners use ordinary wood ash. It contains potassium, a trace element essential for cucumbers. Since ash is a natural remedy, it is absolutely harmless to the human body. Such feeding can be carried out during the harvest period. You can spray the cucumber bushes with a solution of ash, powder the soil with a dry-sifted mixture, and pour the solution of ash under the root.
A solution of ash is prepared from 1 cup of ash and 10 liters of water. Leave for 24 hours to give the ash to infuse. For spraying this infusion must be pre-filtered. Water cucumbers need warm water, its temperature should be in the range of 20-25 ºС. If the solution is left for a day in the sun, then in the evening it will be just warm, which will allow you to apply fertilizer under the root or spray it.
Not everyone in the garden or cottage has ash, therefore, it is not possible to fertilize the earth with this natural remedy. In this case, you can spend feeding cucumbers azofoskoy. This is a complex mineral fertilizer, in which there are all the trace elements necessary for the full growth of cucumbers. However, before we talk about the benefits of azofoski and its features, as well as how to use this fertilizer, we suggest that you find out signs indicating that it is high time to fertilize the soil.
Signs of soil depletion
If you have already harvested, and there is still time before the end of the season, then it's time to help the cucumber bushes recover. In the second phase of the growing season of cucumbers may appear irregularly shaped fruits. This is the main sign that fertilizer needs to be applied to the soil in order to feed cucumbers.
In addition, you need to loosen the soil. The compacted soil should be pierced with a pitchfork, while stepping back from the stalks of cucumbers by 10-15 cm. Do not loosen the ground with a hoe, since the root system of cucumbers is practically on the surface of the earth. Puncture forks will increase the flow of oxygen to the roots, which will help them to resume. After this, growth stimulants such as potassium humate, Appin, Kornevin and others should be applied to the soil. Then you can mineralize the soil and add organic matter to it.
Attention! Cucumbers of irregular shape, narrow at the stem and thickened at the end, indicate a lack of potassium in the soil. And if the cucumbers, thickened at the stem, and taper towards the end, then nitrogen fertilizers should be applied to the soil.
To achieve the maximum effect, feed cucumbers every 7-10 days, it should be done in small doses.
The composition of azofoski
If you have a large plot of land that needs to be fertilized, then it will be expensive to buy additional feeding. Azofoska, unlike other types of top dressing, is inexpensive. That is why many gardeners and gardeners prefer this type of feeding.
As a percentage, nitrogen is the most abundant in azofosca. It is worth noting that nitrogen is an important trace element. Although for some plants it is needed less than for others. Another component of azofoska - phosphorus, which is necessary to ensure the full development of the cucumber bushes. Different brands of azofoski can be made in almost all vegetation periods. The lowest phosphorus content in azophoska is 4%, and the highest is 20%. It all depends on the brand of fertilizer.
Another important component of fertilizer is potassium, in azofoska it can be from 5 to 18%. And the last component of azofoski is sulfur. Its percentage in the composition is the least, but this is enough for the full development and growth of cucumbers.
Characteristics and properties
Azofoska, judging by the composition set out in the previous section, is a complex mineral fertilizer. The main characteristics of the composition:
- Packing - the granules having the size of 1-5 mm. They do not absorb moisture from the air.
- The granules may be light pink or white.
- With long-term savings, the azophoska does not clot and does not stick together, remains crumbly.
- Hard-to-flammable fertilizer, non-toxic.
- It is quickly dissolved in water, easily absorbed by plants.
- To store azofosku should be in a vacuum-packed or closed container, in a dark and cold place. In case of non-compliance with the rules of storage, the fertilizer loses its force.
The combined effect of azofoski on cucumbers leads to:
- an increase in the content of fat in the fruit, resulting in increased yield;
- increased nutritional value;
- an increase in the growing season;
- strengthening the immunity of cucumbers, as a result of which they become more resistant to diseases and can adapt to climatic conditions that are inappropriate for their development.
Most often azofoska is used for soils with poor diffusion, however, it is applicable to other types of soil. The main recommendation for the use of azofoski is to comply with the dosage, which is indicated in the instructions for use. This is due to the fact that unauthorized dosing will lead to an excess of micro and macro elements in the soil, because of which nitrates will accumulate in vegetables, which have a negative effect on the human body.
To make the harvest quality and abundant, alternate organic matter with mineral fertilizers. Thus, it is possible to minimize the likelihood of accumulation of nitrates in cucumbers.
Azofoska is unacceptable to contribute in the cold season. This is due to the fact that due to lack of heat, nitrates will accumulate in the ground. The best time for azofoskaya land fertilization is the end of April - May. During this period, the earth is warming enough, and the moisture from the melting snow still remains in it, which contributes to the diffusion of useful substances.
Benefits of Azofoski
Each fertilizer has its advantages. No exception is azofoska. So, in a number of advantages of fertilizer, the following should be noted:
- The complex of microelements allows cucumber bushes to get everything necessary for their full development.
- It is quickly dissolved in water.
- It stimulates the growth of cucumber bushes and strengthens the roots.
- Easy to digest.
- Cucumbers are becoming more adapted to the weather, less prone to disease.
- Increases profusion and flowering period.
- Yields increase.
- Harvested cucumbers are stored longer.
- Affordable price.
- If you make an azofoska in the ground, then it is usually not necessary to fertilize it further.
Types of azofoski and their application
Azofoska is divided into several species, which allows it to be used for different plants. Thus, brands of products differ, as mentioned above, by the amount of nutrients in them - nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus.
- NPK 16:16:16 is a classic, in which all components are present in equal amounts. It is used for tuberous and vegetable crops, as well as for the treatment of fruit trees.
- NPK 19: 9: 19 - in this composition less phosphorus than in the classical version. If there is enough phosphorus in the soil in your garden, then this brand of fertilizer will suit you. In dry places, this trace element is usually sufficient, as it is washed out with water. Therefore, the NPK 19: 9: 19 brand of azofoska is used, as a rule, in arid warm regions.
- NPK 22:11:11 is applicable on running soils, as in this brand of fertilizer in the composition of the most nitrogen. Azofoska NPK 22:11:11 is used in intensive agriculture, as a result of which the soil gets tired and depleted. This artificial top dressing helps the soil to be updated faster.
Azofosca application rates and instructions for use
As mentioned above, azofoska is a universal fertilizer used not only for cucumbers, but also for other crops, as well as bushes and trees.Tip! On depleted land need to increase the dosage of fertilizer. If you prefer to alternate the mineralization of the soil with the introduction of organic matter, then the dose of making azofoski should be reduced.
Azofosky land fertilizer rates:
- To fertilize annuals, scattering fertilizer granules on the soil, you need to use 30-45 g / m2.
- If you need to make fertilizer in the wells, then the rate will be 4 g azofoski per well.
- With root feeding, 2-3 g of Azofosca is diluted in a liter of water.
- To carry out the fertilization of bushes and trees, you need to dose it at the rate of 30-35 g / m2. The amount of fertilizer is distributed in a circle from the barrel.
Features feeding cucumbers
Cucumber fertilizer is carried out in 3 stages:
- Fertilizer is applied a week before planting cucumbers, or seedlings, or sowing seeds. For this, a bed is prepared and watered with an aqueous solution of azofosca.
- The next feeding is carried out in early June. This time it is better to add organic matter to the soil. This may be a green liquid fertilizer or a mullein infusion.
- In the middle of June, that is, 2 weeks after the second dressing, you need to carry out the third dressing - add azofosca to the soil.
So, you prepare the bushes for the period of formation and ripening of cucumbers. Usually these three feedings are enough. But if you wish, you can dust the ground every 10 days with ashes or spray cucumbers with infusion of it. This was discussed at the beginning of this article.
For fertilizing during the fruiting period, you can also use green slurry, which does not contain nitrates. It is worth noting that feeding cucumbers with manure during the period of ripening of the crop is also not worth it, since it also contains nitrates, which will necessarily accumulate in the fruits of cucumbers if fertilized incorrectly.
So, in order to get a good crop of cucumbers this year, follow the above instructions on the use of azofoski and other fertilizers used along with it. In addition, we invite you to view a video about the use of azofoski in agriculture: